Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back to School!

School started back on Monday. I am not so sure that the boys were ready to give up their summertime freedom of playing all day, but tonight, I overheard Nathan say, "I sure wish school was open every day of the week! I guess that getting back to school is not such a bad thing!

David is in Second Grade, and his teacher is Mrs. Adams, who goes to church with us. We are all very excited about it. She is a great teacher and a good friend, and I am excited for all the things David will learn from her. It is only the first week of school and already we have learned that he wll have to work on is his talking! That has become a hot topic at our house because we have also been reminded this week that Nathan also needs to work on talking during class! Where did these kids come from?!? :)

At the end of last year, we decided that it would be good for Nathan to stay in Kindergarten another year just to give him a little more time to mature, and I am very glad that we did. Nathan has a great teacher, Mrs. Barden, and since he wants to go to school every day of the week, he apparently thinks that she is pretty great!

On a funny note, before school started on Monday, Brian asked Nathan if he was excited about his first day of school. Nathan responded, "Dad, it is not my first day of school! I have been to school before! This is the first day of the new season." He then walked out of the room and came and found me to say, "I used to think that Dad was smart, but now I know better!" Such a silly boy!

Here are a few pictures from the first day of school.


I am not so sure that David is into the whole hugging thing anymore! :)

The boys being silly.

Nathan at his desk


David at his desk

3 comments:

bjl said...

I am sooo glad that your back. I have really missed the blog. By the way Mom had to go to teacher conferences more than once for both me a chuck.

Anonymous said...

wow...David looks so much older! What sweet boys, Stace. -sandra

Haylee said...

Stacey! Your boys are getting so big - I can't believe it! Blogging does take up lots of time but I'm glad you're on here again - it's so nice to hear about the happenings in each other's lives!