Friday, April 20, 2007

It's been a long time...

Wow...I had not realized how long it has been since I last posted. So much has happened since that post...David celebrated his sixth birthday, Brian made another trip to the gulf coast to help out with clean-up, my business plan competition is over, and just everyday life. It is funny how all of those things are just so big at the time and consume so much energy, and yet, in light of everything that has happened at Virginia Tech and other things going on in people's lives, they are really very small.

I really will write more about my family later, but right now, my heart is touched by so many things going on in the lives of those around us. Brian showed me a video the other night and shared how it touched him and made him very thankful for all the blessing in his life. Once I saw it, I understood exactly what he meant.

Some days, little things seem so hard. Some days, you take so much for granted. Some days, you struggle to have faith that God is in control even when you aren't. And then, the life of a little boy reminds you of God's perspective of your purpose in life. The little boy reminds you what truly matters. The little boy reminds you that God is here...in every way...even when you don't always understand.

If you want to be touched deeply today, you can see the video here.

No comments: