Monday, June 25, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

For the past few years, my birthday hasn't been all that exciting. We have been on mission trips and other youth events for some of them, but even more than that, it isn't really fun to get old. I love how my kids get excited about getting older, but I just can't seem to do that any more.

However, this birthday has already been fun and it isn't even 10:30. My dear, sweet husband let me sleep in and then brought me breakfast in bed. He was going to make it, but the milk had gone bad. (We don't have any milk drinkers in our family, so that happens a lot!) So, he went to Bobby's to get me breakfast! You gotta love some Bobby's!

Then David gave me a present. It was wrapped in plain piece of paper. When I opened it, it was a football card of John Elway. (You gotta love John Elway!) He said, "I found that...upstairs." I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was already my football card. (And yes, I am a cool mom because in the olden days, I used to collect football cards. I have a bunch and my boys are quite impressed!)

Nathan also gave me a present wrapped up in a plain piece of paper. This package held a yo-yo, which was soon taken back by Nathan. I think he decided that I had it long enough and he needed it back. He then replaced it with a handful of pretend fish food. We don't have a fish, so I don't know exactly what to do with the pile of pretend fish food. However, if I "move" it, he will know and yell at me. (Yeah....welcome to my crazy world!)

I've already gotten a phone call from the sweetest nephews and niece in the world...and my brother and sister-in-law too! My mom called this morning too. I also got a call from about an extended warranty...but they didn't wish me a happy birthday.

So, I may just embrace getting old today along with all the pampering that goes with it. My boys take good care of me and make me feel like a princess more often than not...but today, they have promoted me to queen status. Not bad for an old lady, huh?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey -- Good luck on that whole thing of bringing them up to be normal adults. :-)

Anyway, now that I've found you I'm going to check in every once in a while. There's nothing like having readers to make you post more often. :-)

See you around!

Anonymous said...

Stacey,

I'm sorry that I missed your birthday but what a sweet event your family made of your day!

You deserve it!

Haylee