Thursday, February 28, 2008

David's Prayer and the Yellow Card

Here is a part of David's prayer tonight:

Thank You for the Bible and that every story in the Bible is true and that it is Holy. Help me to obey the Bible every day of my life....and probably every month too.

I love listening to the boys pray and talk about the Bible stories that they have learned in school and in Bible class. Sometimes I have to laugh at some of the assumptions that they make though. Tonight, Nathan told me they were learning about Paul and he asked if I knew that his name used to be Saul....King Saul! It took a little bit of explaining to get that cleared up.

Besides learning about Paul today, Nathan had a bit of an exciting day. He received a yellow card, which is a warning that he was not obeying the rules. He was issued this yellow card because he was climbing a tree on the playground. To add insult to injury, not only did he climb the tree but he got stuck in the tree and had to get some help to get down. When I asked him why he did it, he told me that he was climbing the tree in order to get on the roof of the barn (a shed that looks like a barn). When Brian and I told him that it was dangerous, he said, "No it is not. A squirrel was on top of the barn and he was safe."

All I can do is shake my head!

No comments: