Thursday, May 01, 2008

Surviving April

That title sounds kind of desperate, doesn't it? April has been a bit of a tough month. We have watched and cried while people we care about have hurt this month. We said goodbye to a wonderful aunt, who died in an accident at the age of 49. It just hasn't been one of those months you look back on and think "This is the best month of my life!"

However, it has also been a very blessed month. I think that all four of us have grown so much this month. We have been stretched. We have been pulled. We have been tested in so many different ways, and through it all, our great God has walked with us. He has walked in front of us guiding us. He has walked next to us holding our hands. He has even picked us up and carried us. He has opened our eyes a little wider this month. He has opened our hearts a lot wider. He has showered the great blessing of perseverance and you can't persevere without gaining some new character traits.

In spite of the times where we have cried, we have also laughed and laughed and laughed. I thank God every day for the sweet boys He has given to us. They make us shake our heads at times, but they also teach us so much about life, about love, and about God.

I usually use this blog to share funny stories and to share a glimpse into our crazy world. However, it has just been hard to share the funny stuff because I have not wanted to trivialize what has been going on in my heart. I wish I could share all the details of everything we have seen this month and all I have learned, but I just can't. However, I can share that I love our youth group kids as if they were our own. I hurt when the families I love hurt. I have grieved over the loss of a wonderful sister in Christ from church and two special aunts...one who was so tragically taken from this life much too early and one who peacefully left to meet God after a long life. Most of all, God has shown Himself to me daily in so many different ways, and I could not ask for any more than that.

I pray for God's blessings over all of you today on this beautiful day of a brand new month!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds like ya'll have been through a lot lately. Isn't it a blessing that we have the promise of eternal life to keep in our hearts when we are struggling through these things and to be able to tell our children that we will see those we love again.