Monday, September 22, 2008

The Number 5

The number 5 infiltrated every aspect of our weekend. First and foremost, David scored 5 goals in his soccer game on Saturday! I think we were all in a bit of shock. He went from being a bit timid to this aggressive little player this weekend. After the game, he told me that the first and third goal kind of made him a little nervous, but the rest were pretty fun.

His teammate Tyler, who just happens to be the only girl on either team, scored 7 goals. I think having a girl on is team has been good for him because he tends to be a bit chauvinistic at times; however, he has quickly gained a good measure of respect for Tyler. :)

Now back to my other 5's. My boys are all happy to say that Alabama beat Arkansas by 5 touchdowns. During half-time of the game, David put on an Alabama uniform and Nathan put on an Arkansas uniform, and we had our very own Alabama vs. Arkansas game in the backyard. According to David, Alabama won that game too.

Now for my final 5 story. In our children's church, the kids have been going through the 5 steps of salvation this month. The leader asks different kids to say each step, and one by one, they list out the steps Hear, Believe, Repent, Confess and Be Baptized. Then they always add on a final one that is Live Faithfully. He had already asked other kids the five steps, and then he asked David what else we need to do. Instead of live faithfully, David responded, "Live safely."

If you know David at all, then you completely understand the irony and why I laughed so hard. :) I can honestly say that I hope that we all live faithfully and safely this week!

No comments: