Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Grandparents' Day!

October 17th was Grandparents' Day at the boys' school. My mom has never been able to come visit during the school year because she was teaching; however, she retired this past May and got to spend the week with us. She got to watch the boys perform in a program and then got to go to their classrooms. Here are some pictures of the boys during Grandparents' Day.


David with the Wildcat



Nathan and his friend Sienna going into their classroom


Even though it was a super busy week, it was a lot of fun having my mom here. She and I got to spend a day in Little Rock Christmas shopping and also had some time to sit down and talk in person. My mom and I are close, and I always cherish the time I get to spend with her.

Grandparents' Day ended with another special surprise. My best friend and college roommate came to town for a few hours, so we got to spend some time catching up. I love seeing Cindy, and even though she only lives a couple of hours away, we just don't see each other as often as we should. So, that was a great way to end the night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you posted that picture of David with his Grandma Sandy! I sure hope she doesn't read this blog to see that!

stacey said...

I am telling mom that you said that!

Anonymous said...

You two never change!!

Just Me said...

I was so glad to see you too, but our visit was way too short. I hope to get back over to see you soon. (And I feel a little bad that I'm apparently at least 5 months behind on reading your blog)-Oops! :o)