Monday, September 03, 2007

The month of August in Review

All I can say is that I am very behind....AGAIN! This seems to be a perpetual state of being for me. I know I promised a video, but I had some technical difficulties with it. Since I can't get that working, I will share pictures of the boys' first days of school.

David started Kindergarten on August 10th. He was quite worried he would not know how to do all of the homework, but so far he is doing really well. As you may remember, we had a really hard time deciding whether or not to wait a year on kindergarten last year, but we are so thankful that we did. He has so much more confidence and is just not so timid as he used to be. Socially, he has matured so much, and we are very thankful with that decision now.




David on his first day of school.


David and Nathan together on David's first day of Kindergarten

Nathan did not start school until August 13th. This is his first year of Pre-K. He went to Carpenter's Kids last year, which would be similar to a Mother's day out program. However, now he goes every day, and he has done so well. Many of you know that we were told that Nathan may have Asperger's Syndrome. Our big thing is that we don't want to label Nathan and fit him into this mold of how he should act or behave because of a diagnosis. We have spent a lot of time researching and talking to people who can give us information, and we have been praying for help. It has made all the difference in the world!

Nathan's teachers have been great with him. They are very proactive in dealing with his sensory needs. When he loses focus, they take him outside to run. At recess, they have him run before he comes back in and it helps him to focus so much. I am so thankful for them and for how he is doing. He did leave class one day and showed up in the office of another person one day. That is pretty typical of this escape artist! We are very pleased with how he is doing and know that during this year, he will make great strides and improve any many areas. Here are pictures of his first day.


Nathan on his first day of Pre-K



"You do know that I am going to cause trouble today, don't you?"


Best Buddies....most of the time!

We are so excited about all that the boys will experience and how much they will grow this year. I know there are a lot of people who get sad when their kiddos grow up, but I must say that I love the watching them learn new things and achieving so much. These two boys are such blessings, and God is so good for sharing them with Brian and me.

We have had a lot of other things going on too. In the next few days, I will pass all that on too. If I can ever get the video fixed, then I will try to add that at some point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great pictures. David has always had that sweet, peaceful smile that I love sooo much. Nathan has such excitement in his eyes and gleaming smile that says 'try to guess what I am going to do next.' They are two little guys that give me great joy.

Anonymous said...

2 special boys with 2 special parents and believe me it takes us all to raise 'our' kids.
thanks for your help through the years and thanks for sharing your boys.