Tuesday, January 22, 2008

T Week

This week is T week in David's class, and it seems very fitting to talk about the things I am thankful for during T week. So here are some of the things that I am extremely thankful for today.
  1. I am thankful for my new nephew, Trevyn Zane. I still haven't seen a picture, but I have heard that he is a cutie and a sweet little guy. I am thankful that he is doing well and that my sister-in-law sounded phenomenal on the phone yesterday, even with sleep deprivation and being the mom of 4 sweet kiddos.
  2. I am thankful that Brian is home from a leadership conference with some of the teens in the youth group. I love my husband immensely and miss him a lot when he is gone. We have a joke that every time Brian leaves, things fall apart. I would love to say that we made it this weekend without a hitch, but I will have to say that we ALMOST made it without a hitch. Sunday afternoon the boys were playing and Nathan fell and hit his head on the corner of his bed. So now, between his eyebrows he has a little bump (much smaller than on Sunday) and a nasty scrape.
  3. I am thankful for good friends with medical experience who don't judge you when you call and ask exactly what type of head wound warrants a trip to the ER.
  4. I am thankful for a very sweet David. David has his moments where he can be a bit.....ummmm, shall we say, stubborn and argumentative, but there are so many more times where he is such a deep thinker and loving. On Saturday night, David asked that if either Brian or I were to die if the one that was living would remarry. I was caught off guard because it was out of the blue. So, we talked a little about how sad something like that would makes us and more. I tried to find out why he was asking the question, but never really got a clear answer on that. At the end of our conversation, he said, "Well, if somebody has to die first, I hope it is dad because I want you to live forever." Gee, thanks....I think.
  5. I am thankful for a very sweet little Nathan. I don't know how a child can get into so much stuff but still keep you laughing. His new request is that we call him Mr. Nathan. He said he was baby Nathan when he was a baby. Then he became Nathan Andrew when he was 3 and 4. Now that he is 5, he is Mr. Nathan.
  6. I am of course very thankful for good friends and all of my family. Words cannot even begin to express how much all of my family and friends impact my life on a daily basis, so I won't even try. :)
  7. Most of all, I am thankful to my great God for blessing my life and for sending His precious son to die for my sins.

There are so many more things that I am thankful for, but those are the highlights. I hope you have a very thankful T week too!

No comments: