Friday, June 20, 2008

I've Been Tagged -- TWICE

Hooray! I am finally back in the world of internet usage! Brian left town to take a group of our teens to Wilderness Trek in Colorado and our internet went down. The internet provider told me it was a problem on my end, and my dear sweet computer expert was over 1000 miles away. I fiddled with it, but to no avail, I couldn't get it to work.

Well, Brian came back, switched out cords and did all sorts of other stuff, but he couldn't get it to work either. Then all the sudden it worked again. I am so not thinking it was on my end. Needless to say, I really missed having the internet and getting to check my email, facebook and all the blogs I read. However, in other ways, it was really nice to take a break from spending entirely too much time on the computer and realize that I can live without it.

During my forced break from the internet though, I was tagged by Trisha and Amy, so FINALLY, here it goes:

What were you doing 5 years ago?

1. I was 5 days away from turning yet another year older.
2. I was mom to a sweet 2 year old and a sweet 6 month old (and probably very tired).
3. I was getting ready for VBS mission trips to Iowa and Nebraska (and probably cutting out lots of stuff and painting!).
4. I was about to see my nephew Tyler for the first time.
5. I was watching A LOT of Blue's Clues and Toy Story.

What are 5 things on your To-Do list for tomorrow?
1. Clean my bathroom
2. Clean the boys' bathroom
3. Practice site words with Nathan
4. Mulch the flower beds in the backyard
5. Study for the CPA exam

What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
1. Goldfish crackers
2. Flip side pretzel cracker with cheddar cheese
3. Grapes
4. Sunflower seeds
5. anything chocolate

What are 5 things you'd do if you were a Billionaire?
1. Start a foundation to provide funds for therapy for special needs kids who fall through the cracks of "the system"
2. Support missionaries throughout the world
3. Give to programs (like the Academy of Leadership and Liberty) that teach individuals how to be leaders and/or better themselves
4. Pay off student loans, house, etc. for us as well as my mom, Brian's mom, my brother and his wife, aunt and uncle and my cousins.
5. Buy my husband a silver 1970 Corvette.

What are 5 of your bad habits?
1. Procrastination
2. Leaving my dresser drawers open just enough to frustrate my husband
3. Spending too much time on the computer
4. Worrying too much about what other people think
5. Putting off studying for the CPA exam

What are 5 jobs that you've had?
1. Farm hand/cook/do whatever they tell me to
2. Grader for professor
3. Intramurals worker
4. Staff Accountant
5. Adjunct Professor

Name 5 places where you have lived.

Man, where I haven't I lived...
1. Searcy, Arkansas
2. Nashville, Tennessee
3. Lubbock, Texas
4. Eugene, Oregon
5. Venango, Nebraska

Who are 5 people you want to tag?

Anybody who is up for the challenge and hasn't done it already!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must correct the most important detail.

1971.

...and it must have t-tops. :-)

stacey said...

I would think you would just be happy to get any kind of corvette considering you don't have one now! However, I will recant my number 5 under the billionaire one and get you a silver 1971 Corvette WITH T-TOPS just because I love you that much!