Thursday, August 14, 2008

So, how is school going?

I have gotten this question a bunch of times in the past few days, and my answer is that it is going pretty well. The boys have only had a few "mishaps", and we consider that a good thing.

Tuesday was an eventful day. David got his card moved once for talking, which is just a warning. However, yesterday he was able to keep it in the right place all day long.

Nathan....oh my! It was raining here Tuesday, so recess was in the gym. Apparently, Nathan needed to go to the bathroom, but didn't tell anyone he was leaving the gym to go to the restroom. The teachers blew the whistle to tell the kids to line up, and Nathan was nowhere to be found. David said teachers started getting really scared and going around all over the gym yelling his name. I guess one of them eventually checked the bathrooms and found him.

Nathan was pretty nonchalant about the whole thing and didn't seem to get what the big deal was all about. I am thankful he wasn't doing anything naughty or dangerous, but we did have a long talk about never leaving the place where you are supposed to be without getting permission first. I have a feeling this just might be an interesting year!

On a different note, I will end by sharing part of Nathan's prayer last night.

...Thank You for letting us have a good day tomorrow. Thank You that Daddy has a fun job. I want to have a job like that when I grow up.


That last part made his Daddy smile pretty big! :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm a little behind on reading your blog (I guess having a baby will do that to a person), so I'm just now getting caught up. Nathan's prayer was so sweet! I know Brian appreciated hearing that. I'm so glad that school is going well so far. Both boys have amazing teachers! :)