Thursday, March 30, 2006

Confessions of a (crazy) Mom

I stooped to a new low last week when Brian was out of town. Nathan and I were out running errands and he announced he had to go the bathroom. We were nowhere near a bathroom, and I didn't really think it would be appropriate to stop and let him go potty in someone's front yard. (Call me crazy!) I knew I had to think fast because when Nathan has to go, he HAS TO GO! He had been having a lot of accidents in the days leading up to this, so I knew I really needed to prevent a bad situation.

This is the point that the story starts going downhill...

I remembered that I had seen a cup in the car, and I thought, "I can use the McDonald's cup and everything will be okay, right?" WRONG! I got out of the car, threw open the van door, and the cup was gone. (Since when did I start throwing the trash in my van away?) All I could find that would even remotely work was a Sippee cup. I thought about having him go on the parking lot, but there were too many witnesses. So, I did the unthinkable, I rationalized the use of the sippee cup. After all, I can thoroughly wash and then sanitize a sippee cup through the boiling process. And this was an EMERGENCY. So, I then had Nathan go potty in the sippee cup. At some point while he was peeing in the cup, he looked at me and said, "This is so much fun!"

So, where does this leave us now...

First, I tried boiling the sippee cup and it melted in my pan.

Second, Nathan is now even more obsessed with his bodily functions than before this incident. He actually told me a couple of days ago that he had made two big poopies...one looked like his daddy and one like him and they were so cute. (I am not sure we will ever be able to pay for enough counseling for this kid!)

Last, and probably the most frightening, I would probably do it again if I had to. (Maybe I am the one that needs the counseling.)

3 comments:

Eco said...

I have been laughing non-stop about this one ... the sippee cup melted. That's a classic.

And I know I'm not a mom, but I totally would have let him pee on the parking lot.

Maybe we all need counseling!

Anonymous said...

Hint - In the old days we always kept an empty coke bottle in the car for an emergency pit stop.

stacey said...

Eco - Remind me never to park next to your car in the parking lot! :-)

BTW, I loved your last post about your night at Charlie's. I am glad it turned out so well!