Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Sky is Banging!

Last night, we had some serious thunderstorms. Needless to say, I had two scared little visitors who were not impressed by the amount of lightening and thunder going on outside their windows in the wee hours of the morning. David made his way to our room first and snuggled in next to me for safety. About 30 minutes later, Nathan trotted in, poked me in the arm, and said, "The sky is banging out there and it is too loud for my ears." I asked him if he was scared and he nodded. So he climbed in bed too, and everyone was safe.

Well...everyone, but me. You see, Nathan is a nightmare to sleep with. He doesn't often make his way into our room and climb into bed, but when he does, my patience is tested beyond belief. He flops around, pokes me in the face, messes with my hair, lays on top of my arm...and that is what he does in the first five minutes. From there it just goes downhill until I return him to his bed.

After about 15 minutes, I told him that if he touched me again I was sending him back to his own bed. I felt bad because I know that he was really frightened from the storm, but I desperately needed more sleep at 4:00 in the morning. So, what does he do? He leaves me alone and starts picking on David. How typical!

No comments: