Saturday, May 06, 2006

What Do Mommies Do?

Kids are so humbling. David was walking around with a clipboard this morning making up checklists. (Sorry Brian, I did not mean for him to inherit the list gene!)

He came up to me and said, "I am making a checklist for you. What do mommies do?"

So I asked a rather dangerous question: "What do you think mommies do?"

Here is his checklist in the order he told them to me:
  1. Put on makeup
  2. Get dressed
  3. Dry hair
  4. Brush teeth
  5. Spit the toothpaste out of mouth
  6. Make lunch
  7. Make supper
  8. Make dinner
  9. Play croquet

At the beginning of the list, I was nodding and agreeing with him. When he got to number 8, I did ask him how many meals he thought we ate in a day. I get the impression that dinner is his fancy word for a snack.

Number 9 just made me laugh. I asked him if he even knew what croquet was. He was a little put off by my laughing and responded, "I know what croquet is! It is....well, you....what is croquet?"

Since I am already ready for the day, have spit the toothpaste out of my mouth, and it is not time for lunch yet, I guess I will break out the ol' croquet set and go do whatever you do when you play croquet.

No comments: